What is a Home Sleep Test?
A home sleep test is a simple-to-perform diagnostic procedure you will take in the comfort of your own home. While you sleep, the home sleep test device monitors your breathing and records pauses in your breathing known as Apneas.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep Apnea is a condition where you stop breathing during sleep. An individual with sleep apnea may not be aware of having this difficulty breathing. Untreated, sleep apnea can lead to excessive daytime sleepiness and fatigue, as well as serious health problems such as high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes and stroke. The good news is, however, that treatment options are available for every sleep apnea sufferer!
What to Expect:
• IDS will call you to schedule the delivery of the Home Sleep Test equipment kit.
• This test kit will typically arrive in 2-3 days.
• Take the home sleep test the first night after receiving the device. Go through your regular evening and bedtime routines to make sure you get your normal night’s sleep.
• Fill out the required paperwork and return the device in the prepaid shipping package to any outgoing U.S. Postal Service mailbox the very next day.
• When IDS receives the device, the data will be processed and reviewed by a board certified sleep physician and a report will be sent to your physician, with whom you will discuss the results.